In this episode Miles and I talk with Hobie Call fresh off his incredible victory at the Spartan Super in Palmerton. Hobie talks with us about:
– Strategy going in to this race and why controlling intensity especially at the start is so critical
– His grip technique for CRUSHING the dreaded double sand bag carry and not being gassed at the top of the hill
– His sand bag and bucket training strategy
– How to not burn out your grip on carries and a very efficient uphill/downhill carry strategy
– The power of naps & rest days
– How he uses cycling at the end of run sessions to build lower body strength vs. heavy weight training
– How to race happy and celebrate/ have FUN when you race
– and more!!
This man is AWESOME and we are happy to bring this episode to you!
CLICK HERE to listen or download from iTunes or Stitcher.
Check out our first interview with Hobie where he goes in to detail about his weight vest training HERE
15% off all Spartan Open/AG races use code SRBACOACHMOBRO44
15% off all Conquer the Gauntlet races use code CTGLINK
CLICK HERE and use code LINK10 for 10% off all current ICEBUG shoes