Chilled Cauliflower Salad
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup jarred capers, rinsed and patted dry
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo
- approx. ¼ – ½ cup chopped fresh dill, divided
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- approx. ½ – ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 bunch green onion (green and white parts), chopped
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place capers on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Set aside.
- Place chopped cauliflower onto a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle cauliflower with sea salt and place in the oven to roast for 10 minutes – toss and then roast for another 7-10 minutes – you want the cauliflower to be slightly browned but not too soft.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, clear out a shelf in your fridge to place the cauliflower on to cool.
- Once the cauliflower is done roasting, set it on the counter for 10 minutes and then into the fridge to cool down/stop the cooking process.
- Place the capers in the 425-degree oven to roast for 8-10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, make the sauce in a large bowl – combine the mayo, ½ of the dill, lemon zest and juice, coriander, cayenne, pinch of sea salt and black pepper and whisk well to combine.
- Pull the cauliflower out of the fridge and pour on top of the sauce in the bowl. Then place remaining dill, pomegranate seeds, green onion, capers and pinch of sea salt and black pepper on top. Toss well to coat all ingredients with the sauce.
- Serve immediately (it will be slightly warm but still really good!!!) or place back in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. The longer it chills – the better it gets! It makes AWESOME leftovers!