Y’all!!! I think I may have officially out done myself on these. Can I say that? I feel like this is a safe space to toot my own horn! 🙂
I have been craving strawberries! It’s got to be the fact that it is summer and hotter than hades outside in Dallas! Truth be told, I don’t really like strawberries. Eeek! I know! A nutritionist that doesn’t like fruit. Yep! You found her! It’s definitely a texture thing… I LOVE the flavor of fruits! Well, except bananas! YUCK! Ok, anyway…
So I came across a recipe for Strawberry Brownies but it used a narley boxed strawberry cake mix with Red 40 food coloring and all sorts of stuff that I choose not to put in my body. So, true to form, I decided to make my own clean eating version!
Holy moly these turned out spectacular AND on the first try!
The batter will look off when you put it in the pan. You will think, NO WAY these are going to end up looking like Alix’s pictures. But hang with it. Pop them in the oven and just wait. I am so excited for you to make these! Don’t wait another second! GO! NOW!
These will be your kids new favorite and you’re new go-to summer, easy to make dessert! Promise!
I KNOW you will love these!
Grain Free Strawberry Blondies
Makes 16 blondies…
- ½ cup fresh ground almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 16 slices of fresh strawberries, approx. 5 strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, mix together the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, monk fruit, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- With a spatula, stir in the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and arrange sliced strawberries on top in rows of 4×4. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares.