LINK Endurance is a holistic and integrative training system designed to make sure every “link” in YOUR chain is just as strong as the next. Whether you need to work on nutrition, endurance, power, speed, lifestyle, or sleep; LINK will design a plan to make your chain unbreakable.
LINK MISSION STATEMENT
ABOUT LINK ENDURANCE
You know the saying… “You are only as strong as your weakest link.” As an endurance athlete, busy professional, parent, or someone simply in need of a lifestyle change there are multiple “links” in your chain. You need to be strong, powerful and mobile. You need proper sleep and recovery. You need to sleep well and sleep enough. You need to manage a stressful lifestyle/career. The ultimate goal is to build a balanced and unbreakable athlete/individual. All of these are links in your chain that will determine the outcome of your abilities on the day of your event, race, presentation, etc. If one link in your chain is weak, you will not perform to your full potential. LINK Endurance Coaching has the goal of making sure every “link” in YOUR chain is unbreakable.
ABOUT MORRIS "MO" BROSSETTE
I have been involved in sports since the age of 7. I began my endurance racing career 14 years ago with my first Sprint Adventure Race. Since that time I have competed in numerous 12, 24, & 30 hour Adventure Races. I was introduced to Triathlon 7 years ago and quickly became immersed in the sport.
I competed in Sprint and Olympic Distance my first season but decided to try my hand at the 70.3 distance at the end of that first season. I had never, at one time without stopping, swam that far in my life. Needless to say I was extremely nervous. Then, in a shot, it was over. Not only did I have a great swim but a great race, finishing 5th in my age group. Fast forward 3 years and I am racing my first Ironman. It was the greatest test of patience and mental toughness that I have experienced as an endurance athlete. It was also one of the happiest moments in my life. In 2014 I was talked into racing my first obstacle race, the Dallas Spartan Beast.
Once I began my training for this race I rediscovered my love and desire to not just be fast, but to be fast, strong, powerful, and mobile. About 3 miles into my Spartan Beast race I was hooked. I knew I had just discovered an incredible sport that unlocked a side of me I had been missing. Training and racing obstacle races has made me a better triathlete and a better human.
In 2007 I was introduced to the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) where I learned over 90 different dietetic theories from world leaders in the respective fields. We learned not just about the healing power of food but the role stress, relationships, and lifestyle can have on your health. This inspired me to further my education and study Integrative and Functional Medicine. I took this information and applied it to my love for sport in an effort to help athletes perform to their full potential while simultaneously reducing stress and reducing risk of disease.
I have been privileged to dedicate my life to studying not just endurance sports but nutrition in its purest form. The power that eating REAL food has on the human body is absolutely amazing. We have the ability to not just recover from hard workouts, but prevent and heal disease. I teach my athletes the true power of food and human movement.
Athlete or not, movement NEEDS to be emphasized in your daily life. This can be something as simple as standing up from your desk twice a day to do a set of body weight squats. As humans we are designed to MOVE, not sit. I will teach you simple ways to incorporate movement and strength training into your life.
NUTRITION AND COACHING QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Level I Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist-HMP
- Licensed Sports Nutritionist – National Academy of Sports Nutrition
- Certified Holistic Nutritionist and Health Coach – Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Science and Kinesiology – Northwestern State University
- 4 years Naturopath Study – Clayton College of Natural Medicine
- Certified Personal Trainer – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Biomechanics and Advanced Biomechanics of Resistance Training – Cooper Aerobic Center
- Certified Spartan SGX, SOS Coach
- 21 years personal training experience
- 16 years as an endurance athlete
- Former Top 3 Texas State Adventure Racing Champion (Sprint Distance)
- Former Top 5 National Adventure Racing Champion (Sprint Distance)
- 8 years experience in 24-30 hour Adventure Racing Experience (former Top 10 Nationally ranked)
- XTERRA Off-Road Triathlon experience with top age group finishes
- 2 time finisher of the Leadville 100 Mountain Bike Race
- 7 years triathlon experience in all distances including Ironman
- Top 5 Elite Masters Obstacle Racer