In this episode Ryan Atkins takes some time out of his busy ice climbing season, which is awesome, to talk with Miles and I.
We talk about:
- Why he thinks you need a strong aerobic based vs. a ton of speed and HIIT training
- How he is ready for any race at any distance
- How he plans his recovery sessions/weeks
- How he was once a champion unicyclist
- Building grip endurance and power for beginners
- How he stays in peak condition using only body weight training, rock climbing, & running
- Why passion and love for sport need to be at the forefront of your motivation to race
- And so much more!!
End of podcast music: “Limitless by Sam F. (feat. Sophie Rose)