In this episode Spartan Pro Alyssa Hawley gives us a detailed review of the recent Seattle Super, which was full of mud and failed obstacles by all.
We also talk about:
– Her mental coaching and how she “calmed her mental chatter”
– How to stay present during a race and not focus on what’s ahead or obstacles missed
– How coaching athletes through there first Spartan race has brought a whole new meaning to OCR races
– The importance of self talk pre-race in preparing for difficult situations, failed obstacles, challenges during a race
– And fun facts about Kangaroos and someone’s obsession over wallaby’s 🙂
***Disclaimer*** Due to an audio issue Alyssa’s voice has a slight echo. Our apologies.
CLICK HERE to listen or download from iTunes or Stitcher