Morris “Mo” Brossette
I have been involved in sports since the age of 7. I began my endurance racing career 14 years ago with my first Sprint Adventure Race. Since that time I have competed in numerous 12, 24, & 30 hour Adventure Races. I was introduced to Triathlon 7 years ago and quickly became immersed in the sport.
I competed in Sprint and Olympic Distance my first season but decided to try my hand at the 70.3 distance at the end of that first season. I had never, at one time without stopping, swam that far in my life. Needless to say I was extremely nervous. Then, in a shot, it was over. Not only did I have a great swim but a great race, finishing 5th in my age group. Fast forward 3 years and I am racing my first Ironman. It was the greatest test of patience and mental toughness that I have experienced as an endurance athlete. It was also one of the happiest moments in my life. In 2014 I was talked into racing my first obstacle race, the Dallas Spartan Beast. Once I began my training for this race I rediscovered my love and desire to not just be fast, but to be fast, strong, powerful, and mobile. About 3 miles into my Spartan Beast race I was hooked. I knew I had just discovered an incredible sport that unlocked a side of me I had been missing. Training and racing obstacle races has made me a better triathlete and a bette human.
In 2007 I was introduced to the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) where I learned over 90 different dietetic theories from world leaders in the respective fields. We learned not just about the healing power of food but the role stress, relationships, and lifestyle can have on your health. This inspired me to further my education and study Integrative and Functional Medicine. I took this information and applied it to my love for sport in an effort to help athletes perform to their full potential while simultaneously reducing stress and reducing risk of disease.
I have been privileged to dedicate my life to studying not just endurance sports but nutrition in its purest form. The power that eating REAL food has on the human body is absolutely amazing. We have the ability to not just recover from hard workouts, but prevent and heal disease. I teach my athletes the true power of food and human movement.
Athlete or not, movement NEEDS to be emphasized in your daily life. This can be something as simple as standing up from your desk twice a day to do a set of body weight squats. As humans we are designed to MOVE, not sit. I will teach you simple ways to incorporate movement and strength training into your life.
Contact Coach Mo – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutrition and Training Qualifications
- Certified Level I Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist-HMP
- Licensed Sports Nutritionist – National Academy of Sports Nutrition
- Certified Holistic Nutritionist and Health Coach – Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Science and Kinesiology – Northwestern State University
- 4 years Naturopath Study – Clayton College of Natural Medicine
- Certified Personal Trainer – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Biomechanics and Advanced Biomechanics of Resistance Training – Cooper Aerobic Center
- Certified Spartan SGX, SOS Coach
- 21 years personal training experience
- 16 years as an endurance athlete
- Former Top 3 Texas State Adventure Racing Champion (Sprint Distance)
- Former Top 5 National Adventure Racing Champion (Sprint Distance)
- 8 years experience in 24-30 hour Adventure Racing Experience (former Top 10 Nationally ranked)
- XTERRA Off-Road Triathlon experience with top age group finishes
- 2 time finisher of the Leadville 100 Mountain Bike Race
- 7 years triathlon experience in all distances including Ironman
- Top 5 Elite Masters Obstacle Racer
I feel like I need to pinch myself all the time – “work” for me is getting to coach people on how to live better and feel better and better yet – how to sustain the new lifestyle they find in this process! No crash diets! No 6 week workout plan! But rather establishing life-long habits and moderation and finding health within each persons balance and boundaries.
I am passionate about what I do. I started gaining experience in nutrition at an early age thanks to a battle with anorexia. Through that, I’ve developed an absolute passion and heart for sharing my story and educating others so that just maybe I can help at least one person who is battling with the same issue or best case scenario can prevent the battle from starting altogether.
My struggle with food became relentless in my mind, so I took up running in order to shut it up. Not the healthiest outlook, but at least if I ran I allowed myself to eat. Out of the running came joy and that stirred something in me for exploring other areas of working out and sport. I began working with a personal trainer several years ago who showed me how to properly weight train. The results I received were incredible. So I started thinking, “What if I could affect the lives of others with this magnitude?” So I became a personal trainer.
I’ve fallen in love with the health and wellness industry and since become a personal trainer I’ve obtained my license in Nutrition as well… This is where my heart is and what I’m now devoted to furthering my expertise. Every client is a teacher for me, just as I am for them.
The last thing you MUST know about me is an asset that I am known by and that perfectly describes my personality… I have some crazy, curly, hair! It is my trademark. It renders the perfect vibe for who I am — lots of energy, depth and discipline, which when tamed is inspiring and when wound tight (like my curls) is my driving force.
- 8 years of Personal Training Experience
- Licensed Sports Nutritionist — National Association of Sports Nutrition
- Certified Triathlon Coach
- Certified Personal Trainer — National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Performance Enhancement Specialist — National Academy of Sports Medicine
- 12 years of Experience in Running
- 16 years of Experience in Nutrition
- 5 years of Triathlon Experience
- Sponsored Member of the Brian Loncar Racing Team since 2010
- Consistent Annual USAT Olympic Nationals Qualifier
- Top 3 Finisher in over 15 Sprint & Olympic Distance Triathlons
- New Orleans Ironman 70.3 Finisher
- 3-time Oceanside Ironman 70.3 Finisher
- Mallorca Ironman 70.3 Finisher