In this episode Miles and I sit down with one of the Godfather’s of Ultra-Endurance Sports, 11 time World Adventure Racing Champion, Guinness World Record Paddler, and President of the Obstacle Sports Federation (OSF), Ian Adamson.
Before we dive into the OSF and the sport of Obstacle Racing, we give you a look into the sport of Adventure Racing and Ian’s time as a World Champion. He talks about:
- His early days as a runner & paddler
- Paddling over 200 miles in record setting times
- Eco-Challenge and something he calls “Dynamic Leadership”
- The best lesson he learned about himself during a 10-12 day Adventure Race
Then we get into the OSF and discuss:
- What exactly IS the OSF
- The doping issue, testing, and Ryan Woods
- Standardizing OCR courses for an Olympic birth
- The future of OCR
- And more!!
Check out Ian racing Eco-Challenge HERE