The addition of Maca Root to this recipe really bumps up the nutrient density because maca root is high in protein, iron, potassium, iodine, magnesium, calcium, and fiber. Maca root has also been used in natural medicine to help increase fertility, libido and energy. This makes maca a real “Super Food”. This shake is great post workout or if you need a quick to go meal option anytime. If you are using this shake as a meal due to convenience/lack of time, I recommend taking a greens supplement with it like Vitamineral Greens. Enjoy!
– 10oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
– 1 scoop reserveage organics grass-fed whey protein
– 2Tbsp ground chia seeds (I use Navita’s Naturals)
– 1tsp maca root powder (I use Navita’s Naturals)
– 1/2 cup frozen organic mango
– 1-2Tbsp Justin’s Maple almond butter (I use the single packets)
– pinch of sea salt (optional)
Blend it all up and drink it down.